Address: Str. Victoriei 13
Phone: 0756.084.651 / 0231.514.353
The Missir House was built in 1890 in a classicist eclectic style and features many original architectural features, including the ornate wrought iron fence. The Missir family had, over time, political people in the Botoşani local administration, lawyers and landowners in the Hangu area.
The Garabet Ciomac House was built in 1892 and is one of Botoşani’s representative buildings. Architecture is an eclectic, classicist tradition. Garabet Ciomac was one of the most important Armenian merchants in the 19th century Botosani, a great landowner and cattleman. On the frontispiece of the building are the initials of the owner G. K. […]
Casa Ferhat, the current headquarters of the Trade Restriction in Botoşani, is a monument of urban patrimony architecture. Anton Ferhat, the last owner of this property, was one of the richest Armenians in Botosani, director of the Romanian Bank of Botosani and a landlord of 300 hectares of land. His wealth was confiscated by communists […]
The Former Prefecture, the current Museum of Natural Sciences is an architectural monument of local interest, situated on 43 “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” Street (Code LMI – BT-II-m-B-01970). The baroque building dates from 1887, while the museum was set up in 1953 through the efforts of a group of professors. The building was designed by French architects […]
On the Alexandru Ioan Cuza Street one can find the great majority of tourist objectives of Dorohoi City, many of them included in the national hritage: the former prefecture (today’s Museum of Natural Sciences), the Gheorghe Asachi Boys’ School (today’s City Library), Ciopec House, Prince Moruz house.
The “1 Decembrie 1918 Square Urban Assembly” hosts a series of old buildings destinated for trade, which were built at the end of the 19th century. At the beginning of the same century, in this area there used to function the second biggest market of the town. After the great fire in 1887, which afected […]
The reservation of Stânca-Costești has great geological and flora complexity. It is situated in the sub-area of siolvosteppe of Moldovei Field, and has the shape of a calcarous spear, made up of clay and loess deposits, known as the “Lady’s House”. This picturesque carstic reef hosta a rare thermophile plant, Schivereokia podolica. For this species, […]