The Armenian Church “Holy Trinity” of Botosani dates from the years 1795-1797, and was rebuilt in 1832. The church was built on the site of a former monastery of the Armenian “Saint Axente”, dated from 1560. It used to be known as the most beautiful church in Botosani and one of the most beautiful Orthodox Christian churches in Moldova. The church belfry, built in 1816 by A. Taft, was the highest observation tower of the city of Botosani. In the courtyard there is a religious cemetery with tombstones of marble, holding inscriptions in Armenian, many brought from Constantinople. Today the church “Holy Trinity” is under preservation, because its dome collapsed in 1991.