“St. Mc. Dimitrie” Church was built between 1830 – 1834 by equerry Ioan Mavromati and his wife Maria, helped by nobleman Gregory Raclis, all from Botosani. Between 1912 and 1945 it served as place of worship for the Botosani garrison, being known as military church. After 1945 it was closed, her heritage was under administration for 30 years (1975) by several parishes in the city. It was reopened in 1993.